Test Your Knowledge

STD Quiz

Q. Using a latex condom protects you 100% from STD’s?

A. False! Most STD’s can be spread by other forms of skin-to-skin contact. Condoms don’t cover everything.

Q. Birth control pills protect you from STD’s.

A. False! The pill doesn’t protect you from STD’s

Q. STD’s are curable.

A. Most STD’s can be cured but some can’t – notably viruses. And even if an STD is cured, you can still be re-infected.

Q. Other than HIV, STD’s aren’t serious, so I don’t have to worry about them.

A. False! HIV is deadly, but there are other STD’s that have serious consequences such as sterility, ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, and cancer if they are untreated.

Q. I don’t have sex that often, so I don’t have to worry about STD’s.

A. False! STD’s don’t count how many times you have sex – it only takes once to get an STD.

Q. I am too young to get a STD

A. False! No one is too young to get a STD. 20 – 24 year olds have the highest rate of infection: 15 – 19 year–old females are especially at risk. 1/2 of all new HIV infections each year occur in people ages 13 - 24.

Q. Sure, I fool around, but I’ve never had actual intercourse, so I can’t get a STD

A. False! You can get some STD’s just by intimate physical contact. Herpes and genital warts, for example, can be spread through contact with skin surfaces that can’t be covered by a condom.

Q. Abstinence is the 100% sure way to protect yourself from STD’s

A. TRUE! Abstinence from sexual activity and intimate physical contact is the only 100% from of protection from STD’s. Abstinence doesn’t mean never…only until you are in a faithful, committed marriage with an uninfected spouse. Continue surfing this site to obtain more information about how you can have the best sex by waiting until marriage.

Pregnancy Quiz

Q. Most high school students are having sex.

A. False! Not everyone is doing it! 69% of boys and 70% of girls, between 15 – 17 years of age, have NOT had sexual intercourse.

Q. What is the only 100% effective way to prevent pregnancy?

  1. Birth Control Pills
  2. Abstinence
  3. Condoms
  4. All of the above

A. Abstinence from sexual is the only 100% form of protection against pregnancy.

Q. Do most teens who have had sex wish they had waited?

A. Over half of teens who have had sex wish they would have waited longer. 63% wish they had waited.

Q. How many girls become pregnant at least once before they age of 20?

  1. 5%
  2. 10%
  3. 35%
  4. 50%

A. About 35% of girls become pregnant at least once before the age of 20. That means 4 out of 10 girls. 100 teen girls get pregnant each hour and 55 give birth each hour.

Q. What percent of pregnancies among teens are accidental

  1. 25%
  2. 45%
  3. 65%
  4. 85%

A. 85% of teen pregnancies are accidental. 8 out of 10 teen pregnancies are unintended.

Q. About 50% of the fathers marry the teen mothers of their first children.

A. Only 20% of the fathers marry the teen mothers. The other 80% pay less than $800 a year for child support.

Q. What percent of teen mothers het their high school diploma?

  1. 22%
  2. 32%
  3. 50%
  4. 72%

A. Only 32% of teen mothers receive their high school diploma. Less than 1/3 of teen mothers ever get their high school diploma.

Q. Daughters of teen mothers are more likely to become teen mothers themselves.

A. FALSE! Daughters of teen mothers are 22% more likely to be a teen mother themselves.

Q. Sons of teen mothers are more likely to end up in prison.

A. TRUE! Sons of teem mothers are 13% more likely to end up in prison than other boys their age.

Q. What are some of the consequences of teen parenthood

  • Less likely to complete high school
  • Dependence on welfare
  • Single parenthood
  • More likely to have more children sooner on a limited income
  • More likely to abuse or neglect the child
  • All of the above

A. ALL OF THE ABOVE! All of them are possible consequences of teen parenthood. Teen parents experience a huge load of consequences that change their lives.

Q. What are some of the consequences of teen parenthood?

  • Growing up without a father or a mother (Most likely a father)
  • Lower birthrate and premature babies
  • School failure
  • Mental retardation
  • Insufficient health care
  • All of the above

A. ALL OF THE ABOVE! children of teenagers experience several more risks when compared to children born to older parents.